Saturday, June 18, 2011

Mysore Pak

I like sweets very much and eat a lot. I just like the sweet smell especially those of the mixed sweet smell from the sweet stall & just wonder how they are make those sweets which are eye catchy and colourful. Whenever I come across those stalls, I tell myself that I should try to make those sweets in my kitchen.


So I started it to a give a try one last month, i.e., Mysore Pak, A deliciously rich, sweet Mysore Pak dish of Karnataka, a southern state of India. At first, I did not had much hope on how it would taste like, but it came out good ummmmm.......:)


So let’s get started, Here are the steps / way I followed to make Mysore Pak.



Ingredients :

Besan Flour -1 cup
Sugar - 1cup
Ghee - 1cup
Water - ¼ cup
Cardamom powder - optional

Method :

In a heavy bottomed vessel or a nonstick pan add a tsp of ghee & fry the besan flour for 5 mins till the raw smell goes away .Take it out from heat & keep aside.In another pan pour ½ cup ghee & just melt it and add to the besan flour without lumps.This gives nice blended with ghee flavour. Cover the sugar with water & make Sugar syrup is of 1 string consistency, this add it to the besan mixer ,reaches dosa batter consistency.Now add the remaining ½ cup ghee little by little keep non-stop stirring it in medium flame till it becomes slight thick & mixture starts leaving edges and looks a bit dry, add cardamom (optional). Now switch off the flame , pour it into a greased plate and flatten. Allow to set & makes out a desired shapes.




Enjoy eating …. melts in the mouth with the ghee smell..I am happy at the first attempt hooooooo...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Gayathri,
    Good to see your Foodie blog and its a nice start!!
    I congragulate Nirmal specially for (food tasting :D) encouraging you with wonderful work...
    keep on posting new receipes. Appreciate ur effort.
    Hema Saravanan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hema,Thank you very much for your comment.
    Gayathri

    ReplyDelete